I and my husband attended the Victor Valley Community College / Boston Reed Orthopedic Tech training course at a total cost of 7000.00. During the orientation we were told that there was an "immediate" need for Ortho techs in our area - so we paid in cash to secure our spot. He facing unemployment and myself under employment. And so for 27 Saturdays we had to fight for the basic supplies. As the course is to teach students how to follow the Dr.'s order by assisting in surgery or casting one would expect supplies. No..for 6 weeks we had no, none, nothing in the way of supplies. For six weeks we wasted time. Then we finally get supplies but no cast saw to remove the fiberglass casts. Problem anyone?

Thus after contending with poor instruction (as an educator I know good instruction), lack of materials, we finally get to the point were we can start doing our 240 hour externship. Low and behold my husband is filing paperwork at a local clinic. He is doing No Casting. At which our concerns about the "immediate" openings for orthro techs was confirmed. Doc's can have an LVN do this work, or do it themselves! This has been a total waste of time and money. Luckily we have learned our lesson...he is going LVN, and myself RN. Both of us start in less than a month. My word of advice is to avoid this college as if they have VD. You will only regret the decision to attend. Save your money and time and go to a different campus.

If you have any questions by all means ask at the next orientation questions such as supplies, jobs, and complaints....if you hear "all is daisy with us" (not litterally) then you know you have heard a lie!

Had an Experience with Boston Reed?

Comments

Funny how people who say they are educated or are instructors have a difficult time with sentence structure and spelling.

Look at people working for Boston Reed writing reviews to look innocent. Why make many pay so much money and do all this and then put the blame on them for you guys being frauds in the first place. Boston Reed-do your job and not put the blame on the other person.

Center Cross, Virginia, United States #204723

Due to your concern, you were also provided the option of extended weeks in order to better prepare you for the job force out there. Some students excepted and some did not and prefered to complain instead.

#197467

It might have just been the location where you were taught. I received my training in San Diego and I could not be happier with it. It took a little while to get placed in an externship, but I am satisfied with the instruction I got here.